This question was fairly attempted by the candidates. In 2(a), majority of the candidates were able
to name the parts labeled I to VI in the animal- drawn implement. However, in 2 (b), many candidates
were unable to describe how the animal-drawn implement (mouldboard plough) is used. Further to
this, majority of the candidates could not state functions of the animal-drawn implement(mouldboard
In 2 (d), majority of the candidates were able to state maintenance practices for the animal-drawn
implement (mouldboard plough).
The expected answers include:
Description of how the implement is used:
- The implement is attached to one/two draught animals joined together by a yoke with a rope.
-. Rope tied to the animal
- The implement is pulled as the animal moves.
- The operator handles the implements at the rear end to control its operation
- The share cuts the soil
- The mouldboard turns the soil
Functions of the implement
- Used for primary tillage operation
- Mixes manure with the soil during operation
- Cuts the soil and buries stubble mulch