(a). Candidates’ Weaknesses
The identified weaknesses of candidates include:
- inability to properly interprete the questions;
- poor spelling of technical terms;
- poor command of English language;
- poor diagrams with loss of details;
- free hand guidelines and failure to place labels horizontally;
- giving wrong or no titles to diagrams;
- shallow knowledge of the subject matter;
- poor grasp of the concept of Genetics;
- poor handwritings making their work illegible;
- inadequate preparation for the examination.
(b).SUGGESTED REMEDIES : The following remedies were proffered to overcome these weaknesses:
- Candidates should be encouraged to read their books.
- Topics like genetics should be taught with teaching aids, models and the processes should be observed under a microscope.
- Mass promotion of students in the senior secondary schools should be discontinued.