The weaknesses discovered were:
- misinterpretation of questions;
- unfamiliarity with contextual passages;
- poor grammatical expression;
- violation of rubrics;
- poor handwriting;
- sermonizing (preaching);
- poor application of knowledge;
- inability to mention salient points.
Suggested remedies for the weaknesses
(1) Candidates should show greater commitment and interest in the subject.
(2) Candidates should prepare adequately for the examination.
(3) Candidates should be encouraged to read novels so as to improve on their grammatical expression.
(4) Each candidate should possess a copy of the recommended Bible (RSV).
(5) Only questions that are clearly understood should be attempted by candidates.
(6) Qualified graduate teachers should be employed to teach the subject.