(a) Weakness observed in candidate scripts:
- Inadequate coverage of the syllabus which shows in the candidates
- Inability to answer questions on Mathematics of Commerce
(simple business calculation) e.g question 10
- Poor mastering of English Language this weakness showed in
candidates’ inability to understand the question and explain the required points.
- Candidates performed poorly in question on International trade e.g.
- Poor and shallow knowledge of the subject.
(b) Suggested Remedies:
- Candidates should cover all aspects of the syllabus in commerce
before registering for the examination.
- Commerce teachers should thoroughly groom students on
Mathematics of Commerce.
- The teaching and learning of English Language should be
encouraged in schools and other places of learning.
- Qualified teachers of Commerce should be employed to teach Commerce in schools while recommended text books should be studied by candidates in order to improve on their knowledge of the subject.