This was a very popular question among the candidates and those who attempted it scored very high marks in the (a) part. In (b) part, some of the candidates gave general examples and uses of rocks without reference to metamorphic rocks. The expected answers for the (b) part of the question were:
- marble for floor tiles
- graphite for lead pencils
- gneiss for construction purposes
- slate and marble are minerals/raw materials for industries
- kaolin for ceramic products
- foreign exchange earnings e.g. from graphite, marble etc.
- emeralds for jewelry.