This question was attempted by many of the candidates. Some of them could not state the advantages of rural-urban migration. The expected answers included:
(a) Rural/urban migration
- helps urban growth;
- creates labour for factories and industries;
- enhances commercial activities;
- promotes infrastructural development in urban areas;
- decreases pressure on agricultural lands;
- creates opportunity for better standard of living;
- challenges the Government to develop rural areas.
Most of the candidates were able to rightly describe the effects of rural urban migration and could specify steps to be taken to stop it.