This question was attempted by few candidates and candidates performed poorly. In part (a) candidates could not name the labelled parts, few candidates that named the parts wrote wrong spellings in labelling and some candidate mistook pulmonary vein for aorta. In part (b) candidates could not state function of the parts labelled I,III,IV and VII. In part (c) candidates could not name the blood vessel that originates from V
The expected answers were as follows:
- artery to head/carotid artery/left carotid artery
- aorta/aortic arch;
- pulmonary artery;
- coronary artery;
- left ventricle;
- aorta/dorsal aorta;
- vena cava/posterior/inferior vena cava;
- right ventricle;
- right atrium/auricle;
- anterior/superior vena cava/vena cava.
(b) Function each of the parts labelled I, III, IV and VII.
Function of I
- supplies blood/oxygenated blood from the heart to the head region.
Function of III
- carries deoxygenated blood from the right ventricle to the lung.
Function of IV
- Supplies blood to the heart/named
Function of VII
- Brings deoxygenated blood from the lower part of the body tissue into the right
(c) Blood vessel that originates from V