This was another popular question. However, candidates failed to understand the requirements of the question and dwelt on the general effects of the war on Nigeria. To score high marks, they should have mentioned that
- the war halted efforts at economic development;
- the country’s infrastructure was ruined by the war;
- farmlands were either devastated or laid waste, thereby creating shortages and increasing the prices of food stuffs;
- millions of Nigerians died during the war;
- separation of families in war affected areas, etc.