This was a fairly popular question but only a few candidates understood the requirements of the question. Many focused on the factors that stimulated the resistance to colonial rule. To score high marks, they were expected to describe the following points:
- the general unrest in Nigeria after the World War I which led to the introduction of the 1922 constitution;
- formation of Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP) in 1923;
- use of the press and newspapers to defend Nigerian interest.
- participation of the ex-servicemen,
- rise of youth movements, etc.