A straight forward question. Many candidates performed very well in it. Some however, dwelt on the Charter of the ECOWAS. The candidates were required to examine the following problems:
- the country was faced with language difficulty in dealing with some member countries;
- incessant military coups d’etat in Nigeria and other member countries hindered political stability which in turn retarded progress of the organization;
- some small members states of the organization were afraid of a possible Nigeria domination of the organization;
- ideological differences between Nigeria and some member states had hindered understanding and progress;
- some poor member states could not meet their financial obligations to the organization thereby making Nigeria to put in extra financial aids to sustain the organization;
- influx of refugees from member nations to Nigeria has been affecting Nigeria’s economy, etc.