- Front elevation:
Few candidates did very well in this question. Candidates were expected to:
- show all the members of the article (top, shelves, bottom, plinth and sides);
- indicate the joints used to fit the members together;
- show the member and their dimensions;
- name the view.
- Sectional end elevation
Few candidates answered this question correctly. Most candidates did not indicate the sectional plane and the dimensions of the members. Candidates were expected to:
- show the members cut in section with the correct sectional symbols of the
- use notes to describe small sections;
- write the name of the view at the bottom;
- show the dimension of the members.
- The Plan
Most candidates did well in this question. However, they failed to label the parts. Candidates were expected to:
- draw the plan below the front elevation;
- show the members in hidden details;
- show the depth dimension.