The observed weaknesses of candidates were:
- Poor spelling of technical terms
- Poor knowledge of carrying out experiments, taking readings, making observations and
- drawing conclusions on experimental data;
- Poor knowledge of genetics and drawing of poor genetic diagrams;
- Poor mathematical skills;
- Poor grasp of classification of plants.
The following solutions were proffered to overcome these weaknesses:
- Teachers should endeavour to expose candidates to practical classes to familiarize them to
- experimental procedures;
- Jamb and tutorial classes should possess standard biology laboratories;
- Candidates should pay attention to spellings.