The weaknesses manifested were as follows:
- Poor grammatical expression of good points;
- Lack of knowledge of the subject matter especially in Section C;
- Misinterpretation of selected questions;
- Bad and illegible handwriting;
- Inadequate preparation for the examination by the candidates;
- Sermonizing (preaching)/beating about the bush.
Suggested remedies for the weaknesses are as follows:
- Candidates should cultivate the right study habit.
- Candidates must possess and use a copy of the Revised Standard Version of the Holy Bible.
- Candidates should read and understand the questions before attempting them.
- Qualified graduate teachers should be employed to teach the subject.
- Candidates should show greater commitment and interest in the subject.