The weaknesses discovered are:-
(i) misinterpretation of questions;
(ii) poor grammatical expression;
(iii) unfamiliarity with contextual passages;
(iv) inadequate preparation for the examinations;
(v) violation of rubrics;
(vi) poor handwriting;
(vii) sermonizing (preaching);
(viii) inability to mention salient points;
(ix) poor application of knowledge.
Suggested remedies for the weaknesses are:
(1) Candidates should prepare adequately for the examination.
(2) Candidates should show greater commitment and interest in the subject.
(3) Candidates should be encouraged to read novels so as to improve their
(4) Each candidate should possess a copy of the recommended Bible (RSV)
(5) Only questions that are clearly understood should be attempted by candidates.
(6) Qualified graduate teachers should be employed to teach the subject in schools.