Majority of the candidates were unable to.
- describe an experiment to show the presence of organic matter in a fresh sample of
- use notations to calculate the weight of organic matter in the soil;
- state problems of soils with a pH value of 4.0;
- describe briefly how to use the animal-drawn implement (mouldboard plough);
- state functions of the animal-drawn implement (mouldboard plough);
- determine the percentage loss in yield resulting from failure to control weeds for
millet, cassava, soya bean and onion;
- state methods of identification of farm animals illustrated by diagrams I to V;
- describe briefly how the method illustrated by diagram III could be carried out;
- state problems that could result from each of the methods illustrated by diagrams II and III;
- suggest ways of preventing the occurrence of the problems stated under diagram III.