This question was answered by very few candidates and because they don’t understand the question they resorted to preaching and writing about their own experience on giving instead of writing from the prescribed text. Some still struggled to get few marks but they failed to mention some relevant points like:
- Paul assured them that they would be enriched for their generosity.
- Paul wished the Corinthians to honour their promises from their heart.
- Paul commended the Philippians for their gifts.
- Paul prayed to God to supply their needs.
However, they were able to give the lessons the Christian of today can learn from the exhortation which are:
- God blesses those who give freely
- They should take care of their leaders
- The church should not encourage extortion but should encourage voluntary giving.