This was a popular question but it was not well answered: A handful of the candidates scored above average and others were ‘preaching’ and beating about the bush. Some were even writing stories about Lazarus and the rich man and even on Nicodemus. This led to the loss of some marks.
However, they should have mentioned points like:
- That Believers should not build up treasures where moth or thieves can break in.
- No one can serve two masters, believers are warned to serve one only.
- According to Jesus, anxiety adds nothing to ones life.
- Believers should not be anxious about what to eat or put on.
The (b) part of the question suffered more casualty as they could not mention some salient points like:-
- The fragrant show of materialism in the church , makes it difficult for the poor to come to God.
- Discrimination within the church on the basis of wealth.
- Commercialization of the gift of the spirit etc.